Neo has opened registration for the Seoul GAS Station in South Korea, a continuation of its series of offline events as part of the APAC Hackathon. Collaborating with industry players like OKX, CertiK, and Alchemy Pay, the Seoul GAS Station is scheduled for Sep. 1 and 2 at 311 Gangnam-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, South Korea. The GAS Station is strategically positioned as an official side-event of the 2023 Korea Blockchain Week.
The event will provide a platform for Web3 enthusiasts to participate in panel discussions and workshops and compete for a share of the more than US $1,000,000 prize and grant pool. By the time the GAS Station takes place, Neo will have already visited Tokyo, Ho Chi Minh City, and Bangalore as part of the APAC series of events.
Participants who attend the Seoul GAS Station will have the chance to win the following:
- Excellence Prizes: $5,000 each for two winning teams.
- AWS Choice Prizes: $5,000 each for two winning teams.
Winners also earn a $1,000 travel grant and an exclusive invitation to the Hong Kong Finale in October to compete for additional prizes. The finale offers $10,000 prizes for each of the five competition tracks, the opportunity to connect with Neo’s partners, and access to Neo’s incubation program of $1,000,000.
The two-day GAS Station schedule is as follows:
Day 1 (Sep. 1):
- 9:00 – 11:30 – Registration
- 11:30 – 13:00 – Welcome lunch and networking
- 13:00 – 13:20 – Opening ceremony and keynote speech
- 13:20 – 13:30 – Introduction to Neo grants
- 13:30 – 14:00 – N3 stack intro and hackathon resource sharing; Workshop session 1 – Introduction to development on Neo (C#)
- 14:00 – 20:00 – Hackathon – Teamwork and mentoring sessions
Day 2 (Sep. 2):
- 9:00 – 10:00 – Registration and networking
- 10:00 – 11:30 – Hackathon – Teams work on their projects, with mentorship and support available.
- 11:30 – 12:00 – Workshop session 2 – Scaling blockchains with rollups and zero-knowledge proofs
- 12:00 – 13:00 – Lunch break
- 13:00 – 13:45 – Panel Discussion 1 Q&A – Building user-friendly dApps: designing for adoption in Korea
- 13:45 – 14:15 – Panel Discussion 2 Q&A – Leveraging DeFi for financial inclusion in Korea: opportunities and challenges
- 14:15 – 15:30 – Continue hacking and submit projects to the Neo team
- 15:30 – 17:30 – Demo time
- 17:30 – 18:00 – Winner announcement ceremony and celebration party
Registration is mandatory for those who wish to attend the event, which is limited to those aged 18 and up. Anyone unable to attend a GAS Station in person can still participate in the overall APAC Hackathon event by registering and submitting projects online.
The Neo APAC Hackathon
The Neo APAC Hackathon is an initiative designed to foster Web3 growth in the Asia-Pacific region. Running from July to October 2023, this event offers over $1,100,000 in prizes and grant funding. With virtual sessions, on-the-ground “GAS Stations” across five major cities, and a grand finale in Hong Kong, the Hackathon seeks to attract innovative Web3 startups to the Neo ecosystem.
The registration link for the Seoul GAS Station can be found at the link below: