The NEO team is visiting London, United Kingdom the weekend of June 16th and 17th, 2018, to host a meetup and a blockchain challenge.
The NEO meetup is scheduled to take place from 2:30pm to 5:00pm on Saturday, June 16th, 2018. NEO is visiting London to create an opportunity for “in-depth interaction with local communities and developers.”
The following projects will be presenting at the event:
- 2:30pm – NEO
- 3:00pm – NeoAuth
- 3:20pm – New Kind of Network (NKN)
- 3:40pm – Phantasma
- 4:00pm – nOS
- 4:20pm – Alchemint
- 4:40pm – PikcioChain
There is no registration fee to attend.
The meetup will be held at the following location:
Main Auditorium at The Comedy Store
1a Oxendon Street, London SW1Y 4EE
Those interested in attending are invited to register through the following link:
On June 17, 2018 NEO will host a Blockchain Challenge. The event is scheduled to begin at 10:00am and end at 8:00pm. Registration is free and teams are encouraged to participate. The top five teams will be rewarded GAS for their efforts.
The theme of the evening is “NEO node state monitoring”, and challenge specifications will be released at the beginning of the event. Projects developed during the 10-hour challenge will be judged by Peter Lin (Director of R&D at NEO Global Development), Anthony De Meulemeester (Creator of NEO-GO), and Charlie Revett (Creator of NeoAuth).
The timeline for the event is as follows:
- Initial Announcement of the Challenge ~ June 17th, 10:00am: Participants are encouraged to join the #hackathon-london channel on the NEO Discord. This time can be used to build a team and begin brainstorming solutions.
- 10:00am ~ 10:30am: The scope of the challenge will be explained in more detail. 10:30AM will be the deadline for creating teams.
- 10:30am ~ 7:00pm: This section is the final sprint of the marathon. The judges will be on hand to ensure everyone in each team is present and participating.
- 7:00am ~ end: Each team has 10 minutes to present their project to the judges. A projector will be provided and winners will be chosen and announced when consensus is achieved.
Prizes for the top teams include:
- First place: 400 GAS (1 team)
- Second place: 250 GAS (1 team)
- Third place: 100 GAS (3 teams)
- Mystery prize: Depends on the submitted project
The challenge will be held at the following location:
Hangar58 at Runway East Shoreditch
58 City Road, London EC1Y 2AL
To RSVP to the event, visit the below link:
This article was updated June 8th to reflect new information regarding prizes and venues