NEO is hosting a smart contract workshop in Beijing on October 28th for programmers who are interested in learning more about blockchain development. Information on the event can be found below.
Beijing developers, bring your computer and passion, NEO calls you to programming! The NEO Blockchain Programming Day will help you get started on blockchain development by teaching you how to write smart contracts!
The NEO Blockchain Programming Day is a training activity run by the NEO community, in response to the growing interest from developers who seek to learn more about development of blockchain and smart contracts. Through a carefully designed course, a senior technical instructor will guide students through the course content, allowing every student to get up-to-speed quickly, and improve on their blockchain programming skills.
NEO is a nonprofit community-based blockchain project that enables a “smart economy” through a distributed network, using digital identity tied to digital assets, along with automated execution of smart contracts. NEO was officially launched in 2014, and in June 2015 the open source code was made available on Github – https://github.com/neo-project
Time: 11:00am (sign in) – 5:00pm, October 28th, 2017.
Location: 5th Floor, Block E, Phase 2, Ocean International Center, 210 North Zhongyi Temple, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Participants: NEO core developers, community developers, blockchain enthusiasts, C# developers and anyone else who may be interested.
Activity overview: Interactive workshop that allows developers get hands-on experience.
– To participate in the activities developers are required to bring their own computer;
– The activities require the use of Microsoft Azure cloud and participants will need to organise access in advance. Developers can register for an Azure cloud trial for 1 Yuan at this link – https://www.azure.cn/pricing/1rmb-trial-full/?wt.mc_id=Azure_Community_GNE_Blockchain820
– In order to take full advantage of the workshop, participants are required to configure the appropriate programming software beforehand. You can download the “preparation guideline” document here – https://pan.baidu.com/s/1nuHGUxz
11:00 – 11:30: Check in
11:30 – 12:15: Training by Tan Yuen – NEO Developer
Content includes –
– How to write NEO smart contracts with C#
– Explanation of smart contract API
– How to deploy and invoke smart contracts
– Exploration of smart contract use cases
12:15 – 1:15: Lunch
1:15 – 5:00: Programming practice with guidance from Tan Yuen.
Onchain smart contract core developer
NEO NEP5 token standard co-author (source: https://github.com/neo-project/proposals)
Supported by: Microsoft Azure
Link – http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/liw4SnQGY5znyDTkKnz40Q
A video of the workshop will be available on the NEO YouTube channel soon after the event.
About The Author: Dean Jeffs
Dean is a digital project manager who has worked extensively with start ups and agencies in the marketing space. Fascinated by the potential applications of blockchain technology, Dean has a passion for realising the new smart economy.
More posts by Dean Jeffs