In this episode of The Smart Economy Podcast, host Dylan Grabowski is joined by Fig, co-founder of Squid, a cross-chain liquidity and messaging router built on Axelar, that enables transactions between different blockchains and allows applications to implement fast, secure, and seamless cross-chain logic into their products.
Join them as they:
- Discuss how cross-chain infrastructure enhances the resiliency of blockchains
- Explore Fig’s journey into blockchain
- Delve into the challenges and opportunities of multi-chain user experiences
- Unpack Squid’s role in connecting different chains
- Shine a light on the value of security and speed in cross-chain transactions
- Weigh in on Squid’s future
- And so much more
Prior to building Squid, Fig was initially drawn to a career in medicine due to its intricate systems and the chance to positively impact lives, but he quickly realized that its stringent oversight dampened his innate creative spirit. Seeking an avenue to channel his artistic and technical inclinations, he ventured into music and coding. In the world of crypto, Fig found a harmonious blend of intricate systems, boundless creativity, and an environment that valued merit and innovation. The decentralized ethos of the blockchain space appealed to his sensibilities, guiding him to the forefront of the industry.