NEO and regulation and technology platform, QRC, are holding the NEO x GRC Global Hackathon event, running from the 13th to 15th of April in Tokyo, Japan. The Global Hackathon event is an open invitation for teams and individuals to create their own dApps on the NEO blockchain, with prizes awarded in NEO to the best contestants. The Global Hackathon has a focus on the growth and incubation of new blockchain projects.
Over the two days of competition, participants will design a blockchain project using the NEO platform. NEO and QRC will provide technical guidance throughout the hackathon. Once the projects are finished, each team will give a commercial demonstration of their finished product, with prize winnings and incubation support, offered by QRC, for the best teams.
Below is a list of the prizes on offer. All rewards will be supplied in the equivalent value of NEO tokens.
- First Prize: ¥1,000,000
- Second Prize: ¥500,000
- Third Prize: ¥300,000
- Technical Award: ¥50,000
- Innovation Award: ¥50,000
- Business Award: ¥50,000
- Excellence Award: ¥10,000
The Global Hackathon event is open to teams of all sizes – although there’s a suggested team composition that gives participants the best chance of success.
- Business Team leader who is confident in presenting the ideas of the project. The team leader should also have substantial experience in project management and interpersonal skills
- Blockchain developer(s) – can be up to three people, that head the development of the project. Supported languages by the event include C#, VB.Net, F#, Java, Kotlin, and Python
- Designer who creates and controls the project’s brand identity throughout the event (one person)
DApps can be in one of several categories, such as regtech certification for examination and tracking, Internet of Things for remote controls or statistics, financial implementation for taxation, reports, and verifications, or an original project of the team’s design.
There are no signup fees for the event and teams with the best skills have an opportunity get their projects exposed to markets around the world, thanks to QRCs network of business partners inside and out of Japan.
Below are the details for the event:
Time & Date: 18:30, 13 April 2018 – 17:00, 15 April 2018
Location: Handshake Lounge, G.Itoya 10F, Ginza 2-7-15, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan