The NEO Council have today released their October Monthly Report. The Monthly Reports are a round up of all the developments, news and events from within the NEO Council during the previous month.
The report highlighted five main milestones from October. These were –
1. Red Pulse ICO – The first ever token sale on the NEO blockchain
2. Unlocking 50 million NEO tokens owned by the NEO Council, with 15 million available for funding development of the NEO ecosystem
3. The first NEP-5 token to be traded on an exchange
4. NEO added as a quote currency to an exchange
5. The announcement of the “NEO Sponsor Giveback Plan”
The report also outlined some adjustments to the NEO roadmap, with one major change being the decentralisation of consensus nodes.
On October 28th, an issue occurred that saw network delays. The report explains that the long block times were caused by the movement of the 50 million tokens that had been unlocked to fund ecosystem development. Through this process, two external nominees were selected as consensus nodes, however, both these nodes were offline. NEO acknowledged this was a result of human error, not a technical issue, and would not have occurred if the network had been fully decentralised. For this reason NEO have moved the decentralisation of consensus nodes from Q1 2018 to today.
The other roadmap adjustment was the preliminary date of NEO DevCon moving to January because of scheduling and visa related issues.
Other accomplishments and work completed outlined in the report include –
- Participated and presented at GNOME 2017
- Hosted “Blockchain New Landmark: NEO Global Developer Community”
- Received Canesin from CoZ to launch “Road to Parity”
- Attended “Suzhou Blockchain Technology Exchange Summit”
- Hosted “INNOxNEO Blockchain Open Night: Digital Identity Applications with Blockchain Technology”
- Hosted “NEO JOY @ Nanjing: Exploring the use of Blockchain Technology”
- Hosted “Blockchain Programming Day – Beijing”
- Testing neo-gui-wpf
- Start trial to connect Chinese NEO development community with overseas NEO community
- Technical documentation for deposit and withdraw NEP-5 token for exchanges
- New website, open source: https://github.com/neo-project/neo.org/tree/develop
- Voting simulation
- Neo Enhancement Proposals
- Visited South Korea and hosted first Seoul Meetup
- Presentation at the National Assembly Memorial Hall to audiences of The (South Korea) Congressional Legislation Research Center and the Asia (South Korea) Future FinTech Forum.
The October monthly report expands greatly upon the summary outlined here, and can be read at this link – https://neo.org/blog/Details/3016