NewEconoLabs (NEL) are hosting the first NEO Blockchain Game Development Competition with support from NEO Global Development. NEL are a Chinese based community development group who aim to support the growth of the NEO ecosystem. ¥3,500,000 worth of GAS prizes are up for grabs across 39 awards.
The competition opened on May 1st and closes on August 15th. The competition calls for participants to build games using the NEO blockchain.
NEL have revealed that approximately 120 teams have registered for the competition so far, with roughly 40% of the teams originating from China, and the other 60% from the rest of the world.
NEO Blockchain Game Development Competition News: About 120 game teams have signed up for our competition. 60% of them are teams from outside of China, 40% of them are local teams. Come and sign up for it: https://t.co/UUI2Z5kDSV pic.twitter.com/XFNXErVsZY
— NewEconoLabs (@NewEconoLab) June 14, 2018
The competition will be judged by Erik Zhang, co-founder and core developer of NEO, Jason Liu, founder of NewEconoLabs and Tony Gu, founding partner of NEO Global Capital, amongst others.
Games will be judged on criteria such as content, player experience, artistic design, blockchain integration, and profitability.
With over a month until the competition deadline, there is still time for teams to register and submit an entry.
Anyone who is interested can visit neo.game for more information.
More information on NewEconoLabs can be found at the links below.