Growth and development continued across the Neo ecosystem in July. This report features news from events, partnerships, community proposals, and more.
EXCHANGES & WALLETS
GrantShares, the new decentralized and transparent grants program for the Neo ecosystem, further expanded outreach activities in July:
- GrantShares launched “Shill Your Proposal,” a new series of Spaces episodes intended to provide a fun and informal venue to discuss GrantShares DAO topics and proposals.
- Overviews of the proposal applications and outcomes to date are available in Neo News Today articles from July 1, July 19, and August 25.
GrantShares has already received and discussed several new proposals. The GrantShares DAO continues to encourage grassroots developers and projects to submit new proposals for support as the program grows.
- Polaris Launchpad wrap-up: Polaris Plus, the final phase of the Neo Polaris Launchpad hackathon event, concluded with two rounds of votes in July. Here, Neo community members used their own GAS to vote for their favorite projects. Neo Global Development (NGD) then matched funding for the winners by quadratic means. Looking ahead, NGD will continue to foster the success of winning Polaris Launchpad projects through a range of funding and incubation support opportunities.
- iNeuron.ai hackathon: Neo sponsored Hackathon 5.0, an event by iNeuron.ai where teams competed to solve problem statements based on blockchain technology.
- NGD and Draper University partnership to foster blockchain entrepreneurs: NGD announced a new partnership with Draper University to foster blockchain entrepreneurship. Neo founder Da Hongfei and global venture capitalist Tim Draper held a panel discussion to kick off the program. A written summary and video are available.
- Supernova joins the EcoBoost program: Neo welcomed Supernova, a sci-fi sandbox survival MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) with a multi-blockchain architecture, to the EcoBoost program.
Neo in the news
- CoinDesk published an op-ed by Neo founder Da Hongfei about the merits of the two-token system.
- NGD Zurich lead Lili Zhao joined an episode of the FlowBank interview series, Women in Finance, to discuss blockchain development, smart contracts, and tokenization.
- NGD Enterprise lead John deVadoss appeared in a CryptoSlate article featuring industry insider views about how the crypto winter will impact Web3.
- Neo provided an overview of a new exhibition tour across China of the artwork of renowned artist Zhenchen Liu. Neo is a co-sponsor of Liu’s exhibition, which features his new Meta Panacea collection of paintings, mixed-media, material light boxes, and videos, including NFTs on the Neo blockchain.
- Flamingo Finance integrated support for the Inst.Money fiat on- and off-ramp, through which users can buy GAS with USD, EUR, or GBP. It also Concluded the SOMNIUMWAVE SOM trading competition and announced the winners.
- Forthewin Network launched the Double Farm feature on its DeFi platform, which allows liquidity providers to earn two tokens as liquidity provider rewards.
- GhostMarket added support for the BitKeep OS wallet, as noted above. It also launched its Trading Incentives Program, enabled GhostMarket users to make open offers on any NFT on the multi-chain marketplace (regardless of whether the NFT is listed for sale), announced the release of its TypeScript SDK, and was listed on the Uniswap non-custodial exchange.
- Ilex NFT announced the upcoming launch of the Mega Oasis series II and IVWho.
- Neo Candy launched its Lollipop NFT collection.
- The NudesToken team launched a single-sided staking feature, the Ndues Boomer Single-Stake fund. It also kicked off its second meme campaign (a campaign focused on GhostMarket content) and airdropped 1 trillion NUDES tokens to active users of the NudesArmy meme platform.
- Switcheo launched the Bridge on CarbonHub, which supports token migration between layer one chains.
- TOTHEMOON launched Fusion Battle Arenas for player-versus-player competitions and announced the upcoming snapshot for its second item airdrop.
Developer Group Highlights
For the latest updates on Neo core development and Neo community developer community activities ranging from developer conveniences to significant enhancements, please see the July technical development report.